There is this one website that I’ve been hopelessly addicted to for the past few months, and no it’s not Facebook, but it does start with an f. It is fanfiction.net. I love this website because whenever I don’t get enough of a story, with me its most likely a book, I go there and search what other people have written about the story: alternative endings, background stories, etc. The website has 9 different categories which are Anime/Manga, Books, Cartoons, Comics, Games, Misc, Movies, Plays/Musicals, and TV Shows. People can look up different things under each of these categories and read them. Grant it that some of these stories legitimately suck, but there are some very good authors that write there, also another feature that I like a lot is that you can review the author’s story and give some constructive criticism to help the author become a better writer. One of the worst things about this site though, apart from the fact that you can get hopelessly addicted to it, is that sometimes authors don’t update their stories for a very long, long, long time, or they just don’t complete it. Overall, I love this website because it gives me a chance to read other people’s work and see what could've happened in a story.

No comments:
Post a Comment