Our friendly neighborhood electronics giant, Hewlett-Packard has taken over cell-phone manufacturer, Palm. Palm's tag? A cool $1.2 billion. Clearly, it's a great investment by HP and it stands to gain a lot from this. In the meantime, Palm gets a new lease of life. Hopefully, with HP's resources and reach, Palm's webOS stands a better chance at putting up a fight against iPhone and Android.
In any case, our very own, resident-Palm-lover, Roshan, has gone in to depression upon hearing this news. But there's no need to worry. I've been supplying him with good-quality chocolate and ice-cream to pull him out before things get too bad.

WHAT??? IM NOT IN DEPRESSION!!! They are going full in with webOS, so if anything I must be happy!!! And Im a proud and happy owner of a HP HDX too :) I didnt consider the possibility of HP buying them out because I was thinking only in terms of Google and Google.....but now that HP actually bought Palm im kind of suprised but not remotely unhappy...where is the chocolate BTW???? I'll go into depression if you dont give it to me!
ReplyDelete