Fact: People in Hong Kong and Macau drive on the left side of the road. And, people in China drive on the right side of the road. Situated so close to each other, how would you connect roads between the two "regions"? Fascinating question, isn't it? Well, at least for the architecturally-inclined.
So, there are already a couple of such changeover systems in place. The first of its kind is the Lotus Bridge and epitomizes "loop-the-loop", I guess. One starts of driving on the left hand side of the road in Macau and end up driving on the right hand side in China. Pretty cool!
And now there are plans of another bridge, connecting Hong Kong with China, that will serve a similar purpose. The design is as ridiculous as the one above.
I'm pretty sure that this changeover business could be accomplished by saving a few million dollars. I was thinking along the lines of traffic lights to guide motorists. But then again, I'm guessing they want to preserve freeway traffic.
Ideas?
No comments:
Post a Comment