January 26, 2010

And You Thought That Everything Was Made In China

I can almost see the day India overtakes China; even in ripping stuff off. The Chinese iPhone and Macbook truly deserve commendation, but wait till you check this new website out. It's called Infibeam, it's Indian and it's a hilarious rip-off. Visit the site and you'll know what I'm talking about.

But here's the best part. Not only has it "copy-pasted" the Amazon template (if that's what you want to call it), this seemingly legitimate company has also come out with it's own Kindle, codenamed "Infibeam Pi" a.k.a India's 1'st Reading Device!

Now, I know you're inclined to think that this may be a result of some astute Chinese hacks, disguising their brilliant rip-offs as Indian so that all the blame goes there, but let me tell you this: the site is head-quartered in Gujarat and being personally acquainted to a number of Gujaratis, I'd say this site is the real deal. If there's one community that can give the Chinese a run for their money, it's them.

So, if you're thinking of sending gifts to India, or buying some yourself, this site has quite a few good offers. They also promise free shipping while you're at it (I guess they had to bring in something that differentiated them from Amazon). And if you run in to some problems on their site, sit back and be amused by their "Live Help Offline - Click to E-mail" option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails