It's been 75 years since that most-favorite-of-all board games was rolled out. And on this semisesquicentennial anniversary of Monopoly, Hasbro has come up with an "innovation".
Remember that board and those four lovely corners: Go, Just Visiting, Parking and Go To Jail? And remember all those bills? Those lovely golden 100 dollar bills. Well, if you own a Monopoly board, I am going to ask you to hold on to it for dear life because Hasbro has decided to put the "bored" in "board" for real. They've given the board a makeover. And guess what? It's circular.
Isn't that just splendid. You think you've heard it all? Oh no you haven't. Hasbro has also gone ahead and gotten rid of those bills! Those poor, poor bills (ironic, I know). The new Monopoly board will be accompanied with an electronic console that's basically a credit-card machine. Each player will own a credit-card and swipe it each time a transaction is to be made. How sad is that? I guess we don't need bankers anymore. And how will I steal money from my fellow players now? Fail.


No comments:
Post a Comment