January 8, 2010

The Oatmeal


I've stumbled on to this site more than once and I've liked what I've come across so here are my thoughts!

Theoatmeal.com is home to Matthew Inman's project, no points for guessing, "The Oatmeal". The site features several strips of fun and interesting write-ups. What impressed me the most was the artwork on the site and its presentation. Each topic that Matthew writes about is expressed in vivid detail along with comics.

I've come across hilarious ones such as the one above besides "15ish Things To Know About Coffee", "Ten Words You Need To Stop Misspelling" and "Five Reasons Pigs Are More Awesome Than You"! I doubt you've seen a better presentation of information anywhere else.

The site also features other kinds of comics that include more of Matthew's opinions about topics ranging from Twilight to "5 Very Good Reasons To Punch A Dolphin In The Mouth". While the write-up on Twilight was funny, I found these kinds pretty distasteful and a waste of an idea that works so well with the write-ups mentioned before. But I'd recommend spending some time on this site anyway. You'll be fascinated by some of the facts that Matthew brings out so beautifully!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty entertaining! I learned that my nonexistent cat cannot detect the taste of sugar. Bad times.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails