January 11, 2010

Aaah! I Need To Make This Call And My Cell Phone Battery Is Dead!

Song Teaho and Hyejin Lee have come up with a green concept that will help you when you need to send that one important text message or speak to someone for a couple of minutes and your cell phone's battery is dead.

This new concept, illustrated by the image on the left, lets you recharge your battery with a 'twirl' of your fingers. The makers estimate that 130 twirls could recharge your cellphone battery for it to allow you to talk for two minutes.

While the design is still being worked upon, I'm sure I'll have to tweak my twirling skills to prevent the battery from flying off my fingers each time. I find it ironic that twirling the battery could actually cause it to fly off my fingers, fall to the floor and die permanently.

Perhaps, I could carry a pencil or a pen around with me all the time to optimize the twirling process. In any case, you know what you have to do the next time you want to make that all-important 911 call and your battery has no juice.

2 comments:

  1. If this Technology does develop, then I presume 90% of people would buy it for making 911 calls when batt is dead. But it'd be damn funny if there's an emergency, and everyone tell YOU to dial 911 and the next thing they see is you sitting down and twirling your dead battery. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^
    |
    | Haha, good point. Anyway, I do like the innovation of this gadget. One thing though--Do you have to twirl before use or can you twirl ahead of time? Like, for instance, during a mind-numbing statistics lecture?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails