
It's no wonder "El secreto de sus ojos" won an Oscar! (Not to mention a bunch of other awards.) I saw it a few weeks ago in the theater, and there might not have been many people watching it, but those who were stayed through all of the credits. In my experience, people tend to leave even before they see who the actors are. We all stayed to see who the costume trainee and digital intermediate colorist were (I didn't even know those jobs existed before!). So that might give you an idea as to how moving this movie is. When it's over, it's all you can think about.
"El secreto de sus ojos," translated as "The secret in their eyes," is an Argentinian film that follows the the lives of BenjamÃn Esposito, a retired legal attorney; Irene Menéndez Hastings, a lawyer; and Ricardo Morales, a widower. Much of the story is told in flashback, as Esposito is going back in his memory in order to write a book about a crime case that has never quite come to an end, and still haunts him. I won't tell you much more about the plot, simply because I don't want to spoil it. What I will tell you is this: rarely have I seen an ending so powerful. Honestly, I thought it was a really good movie throughout. The acting is convincing; the writing is good; the mystery, for those of you who enjoy thrillers, is certainly enough to keep you engaged; and there's some romance, for those of you who (like me) enjoy that. But the ending more than anything else is what makes this movie a must-see.
Be prepared though. There are a few brief, but violent, sexually graphic scenes having to do with the crime case; if you're not up for anything potentially disturbing, this might not be the best movie to watch.
Other than that, I'd highly recommend "El secreto de sus ojos." It's a movie worth watching.
No comments:
Post a Comment